Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Scallop Envelope Easter Basket

Next month we get a visit from the Easter Bunny,
but why not start a little early with a cute basket
with yummy chocolate eggs?
 
 
The pretty ribbon is the two-tone ribbon from the Spring Catalog.
 
 
I made this basket with the Scallop Envelope Bigz die
from the annual catalog.
 
You will cut two envelopes for each basket.  The inner
part of the basket is just a strip of paper, cut 7 3/4" long and
scored at 2 1/4" and 5 1/2".  Once you put the two envelope
flaps at the bottom, it becomes clear how to adhere
the strip of paper to complete your basket.
 
 
The scallop flaps will fold outward. Then you will
make your handles using the oval framelits from
the Spring catalog. I used the third biggest (4" X 3") and
the second smallest (2 3/4" X 1 3/4") and held them in
place with a sticky note before running through the
Big Shot. Once you get your oval cut, then you
cut that in half for your two handles.
 
I secured the flaps down and attached the handles
with tiny brads on each side. 

 
A view from the top.
 
I know I didn't go into a really good step-by-step tutorial ...
so please leave me a comment if you have any
questions, and I'll be happy to respond. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment